Criminal Law & Traffic Law Attorneys Serving all of GeorgiaBeing charged with a criminal offense is a frightening and potentially life changing event. Even seemingly minor charges can have far reaching effects on your life including placing your freedom, job, or driver’s license at risk. At Kimmey & Murphy we understand that every criminal case is unique and that every criminal defendant deserves an attorney that understands the ramifications of the charges on all aspects of our clients’ lives. We strive to offer our clients diligent representation, confidentiality and attorneys that are readily available to answer questions about the charges our clients are facing and how to best mount a defense to those charges.
At Kimmey & Murphy our attorneys represent clients accused of felonies, misdemeanors, and municipal offenses, including traffic tickets. All of our attorneys are experienced trial lawyers, fully prepared to provide our clients with sound counsel, powerful advocacy, and extensive experience handling all types of criminal matters in courts all over Metro Atlanta and Northern Georgia.
Attorneys at our firm are prepared to represent clients in courts throughout the State of Georgia, in a wide range of criminal cases including:
- Drug crimes, ranging from simple possession of marijuana, to possession with intent to distribute and trafficking. We also handle cases related to possession of prescription drugs as well as charges related to Driving Under the Influence of Drugs, including prescription drugs
- Theft crimes including shoplifting, theft by taking, theft by deception, automobile theft, theft by receiving, theft of services
- Assault, simple assault, aggravated assault, battery, simple battery, aggravated battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, terroristic threats, criminal trespass, criminal damage to property
- Domestic violence, including allegations under the Georgia Family Violence Act, which includes altercations between or against past or present spouses, persons who are parents of the same child, parents and children, stepparents and stepchildren, foster parents and foster children, and other persons living or formerly living in the same house. Additionally, we handle temporary protective orders as well as alleged violations of temporary protective orders
- Juvenile offenses including truancy and school fights
- White collar crime, fraud, embezzlement
- Internet crimes
- Disorderly Conduct and Disorderly Under the Influence
Our firm’s founder and senior partner, J. Lansing Kimmey, has over thirty (30) years of experience in criminal law and has handled numerous criminal jury trials in State and Superior Courts all over Georgia. Mr. Kimmey has a remarkable amount of experience in trying DUI cases as well as serious felonies. Nathanael A. Horsley gained invaluable criminal jury trial experience while serving as a public defender in Hall County and Dawson County in Northern Georgia. This experience has given Mr. Horsley extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the criminal court systems. J. Craig Murphy has handled numerous criminal cases in Metro Atlanta with particular experience in drug related forfeitures and theft related cases, including shoplifting, and the handling of PreTrial Intervention matters and expungements. All of our lawyers take a thoughtful and thorough approach to criminal defense, determining in each case whether our client’s interests will be best served by going to trial or negotiating a plea, and then crafting the appropriate strategy.
Free criminal law consultations
If you would like to discuss your situation with one of our criminal defense attorneys, please contact our offices at (404)586-9848 (Atlanta) or (706) 216-7228 (Dawsonville) for a free consultation for your criminal case.